Think of a song you loved in the ’90s, and chances are Max Martin is behind it. Come to think of it, if you think of a song you loved this year, and he was also behind it.
Swedish producer Max Martin is the one-man powerhouse behind basically every pop song you can’t get out of your head. He’s been behind millions and millions of record sales for decades, but the Grammys hadn’t given him a trophy until this year.
- “Bang Bang” by Jessie J, Nicki Minaj, and Ariana Grande
- “Break Free” by Ariana Grande and Zedd
- “Dark Horse” by Katy Perry and Juicy J
- “Problem” by Ariana Grande and Iggy Azalea
- “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift
- “Unconditionally” by Katy Perry
That’s quite a list, and that’s just from the past 12 months.
Here’s a list of just a few of the songs he’s masterminded over the years:
- “As Long as You Love Me,” “Everybody,” “I Want It That Way,” and “Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)”, by the Backstreet Boys
- “Beautiful Life,” by Ace of Base
- “…Baby One More Time,” “(You Drive Me) Crazy,” and “I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman,” by Britney Spears
- “California Gurls,” “Hot N Cold,” “I Kissed a Girl,” and “Teenage Dream,” by Katy Perry
- “Since U Been Gone,” by Kelly Clarkson
- “Tearing Up My Heart” and “It’s Gonna Be Me” by N’Sync
- “I Knew You Were Trouble,” “Blank Space,” and “22” by Taylor Swift